Appliances - GE, Hotpoint, Whirlpool and Amana
- We cannot pick up any installed or unpackaged appliances.
- Appliances carry a 1-Year manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturers require that defective appliances be handled by the manufacturer’s repair technician. To schedule a repair, call the numbers listed below:
- GE/Hotpoint and GTE PTAC Units, call 800.432.2737
- Amana/Whirlpool and Amana PTAC Units, call 800.253.1301
For Amana PTAC Units have the full model and serial number available. If available, provide the order number or date of purchase.
For warranty questions or claims related to Comfort Aire window and door units, call 866.557.1865
DeWalt Power Tools
If a qualified* DeWalt product fails within 1 year of original purchase, the product must be sent or taken to a DeWalt Service center (www.dewalt.com/support/find-a-service-center) for free repair service. This is the customer’s responsibility. Chadwell does not facilitate that return. (*Qualified determined by Production Run Code on unit)
If there is a manufacturer’s defect, as determined by DeWalt Service Center, at the time of service, the unit will be replaced (if Production Code is within 3 years).
Batteries are warranted for 2 years (Black top) or 3 years (XR) and follow the same procedure as above.
WE CANNOT PICK UP ANY INSTALLED HVAC EQUIPMENT.
A number of HFC refrigerants with properties similar to R-22 have been introduced in the service market that include R-417a, R-422A/B/C/D, R-434A, R-421A, R414B and R438A/MO99. The capacity and efficiency of most of these refrigerants are lower than R-22, while GWP values are significantly higher. Use of these HFC service refrigerant/oil combinations may have an adverse impact on reliability and will void compressor or system warranties. Emerson Climate Technologies does not approve any of the listed HFC R-22 like service refrigerants for air conditioning applications of Copeland® brand compressors.
All Brothers units are covered under a 1-year parts warranty; all Goodman and Rheem units are covered under a 5-year parts warranty from the date of purchase. There is no labor warranty coverage to repair the equipment. If equipment fails within the warranty period, the manufacturer will replace the defective part that caused the unit to fail. It is the installer’s responsibility to identify the defective part, to remove and replace it with a new warranty part, and complete the HVAC warranty form.
Your warranty can be hassle-free by following these easy steps:
- Take picture of Serial number plate on failed unit- including Model number; email picture to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Account Name and Number.
- Once we confirm that the unit is under warranty, we will send out the replacement part and warranty paperwork. Until the part is returned and confirmed to be covered, there will be a charge for the replacement part.
- When the warranty form is complete and the old part is ready for pickup – call Customer Service at 888-341-2423 or email a request to email@example.com for pick up. The warranty form needs the following information:
- Installation date of replacement part.
- Model number and Serial number for the failed part.
- Model number and Serial number for the replacement part.
- Original Equipment Model and Serial Number.
- We will pick up the old part along with warranty form and confirm warranty status. If covered under warranty, we will issue a credit to your account.
The process above covers all HVAC equipment such as condensing units, heat pumps, air handlers, furnaces, coils and compressors.
Rheem Water Heaters
- Rheem water heater tanks and parts are covered with a 6-year warranty against leaks and defects.
- Call Customer Service at 888-341-2423 with the model, serial number, installation date, and invoice number.
- The rating plate (ID tag) must be removed from the defective water heater as it and the replacement information from the new water heater are required to complete warranty papers and customer account credit.
Your Chadwell Supply delivery driver will exchange a new water heater for the rating plate from the defective unit and completed warranty paperwork. We do not need, nor will we remove the defective unit.